The Wesley Church was built in 1858, on the western edge Melbourne’s notorious ‘Little Lon’ district.
Originally a Wesleyan Church, it became a Methodist Church in the union of 1902 and then part of the Uniting Church in Australia in the union with the Congregational and Presbyterian Churches in 1977.
The Church and the Wesley Central Mission now provide spiritual and social support to Melbourne’s residents. The Wesley Church building is also the home of the Gospel Hall, a Uniting Church congregation with church services in Cantonese, with Mandarin and English translation.
Charter Hall are pleased to have partnered with UCA to preserve the Wesley Church and its surrounding heritage buildings and integrated each into Wesley Place's public realm.